What We Do
Housing and Urban Developments research shows that foreclosure rates drop significantly among homeowners who attend homebuyer education courses before purchasing their homes. NeighborWorks® Dakota Home Resources is here to help you be a successful homeowner!
From our buyer education program to down payment and closing cost assistance, we help families who qualify under specific income guidelines to become homeowners. Classes cover the entire home buying process and often include presentations from real estate agents, bankers, and others who are actively involved in the purchase process. In addition, we offer post-purchase and home maintenance classes free of charge to everyone—not just those who qualify for buyer’s assistance through our organization.
What You Will Learn
- Predatory Lending: Being aware of fraudulent or deceptive behavior is a must for new homeowners. Housing and Urban Developments research shows that foreclosure rates drop significantly among homeowner who attend homebuyer education courses before purchasing their homes. In addition to the wealth of knowledge, NWDHR provides assistance with post purchase issues
- Personal Money Management: Gain a broader knowledge of budgeting and other money management techniques
- Credit History Review: Educate you on the importance of your credit report and the impact it has on obtaining a loan
- Financing and the Loan Process: Lead you through the financing process and highlight available financing alternatives
- Shopping for a home: Prepare you for searching, qualifying, and selecting a home appropriate for your needs
- Now that I’m A Homeowner: Educate you on being a responsible homeowner